Join us in the Central Okanagan!
Whether you've just graduated or you're looking for the next step in your career, there's a place for you at Central Okanagan Public Schools! As a diverse, rapidly growing district, we offer excellent job security and the learning opportunities to take you as far as you want to go.
To see the latest postings for available teaching positions, please go to Make a Future – Careers in BC Education.
When we do not have external postings, we search our database for applicants who have selected School District No. 23 (Central Okanagan) in the "Who Can View my Portfolio" page. We do not accept unsolicited applications at the District office.
The Make a Future – Careers in BC Education site is powered by applytoeducation.com. Therefore, if you have an existing account with Apply to Education, you can use your username and password to logon to www.makeafuture.ca. If not, you can create an account on www.makeafuture.ca.
Please note that emailed and faxed resumes will no longer be accepted, unless specified in an external posting.
The following will help you create your application after you log on to makeafuture.ca:
- Click Login (above the SEARCH field)
- Select OKANAGAN (on the left side of the screen)
- Click on the drop-down menu and click on 23 CENTRAL OKANAGAN
- Click REGISTER
- Under SELECT YOUR APPLICANT TYPE, check “I am registering as an EXTERNAL applicant …”
- Click NEXT
- Select your position category from the drop-down menu (eg., Teachers ...)
- Click NEXT
- Complete the APPLICANT REGISTRATION page; mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk
- Click Next until all the headings in your portfolio are complete and you have attached your supporting documents.
Supporting Documents include:
- BC teaching certificate
- Teacher Qualification Service card (BC)
- B Ed degree
- B Ed transcript (do NOT mail sealed transcripts to S.D. No. 23)
- Undergraduate degree and transcript
- Practicum Report
- Reference letters (3 suggested)
Your application will not be considered complete unless you have answered the Job Posting related questions! Before contacting the employer regarding the status of your application, ensure it is complete. Log on to your application; under the Portfolio heading, go to Review Portfolio, and select SD 23. This will show you the contents of your application; this is also what the employer sees.
Meet some of our staff:
And have a look at where we live:
Image credit: Okanagan Flyboard.com
Video credit: Tourism Kelown.com