Who qualifies for this service?
Students qualify for this service, as determined by an optometrist or ophthalmologist, if they have one of the following:
Who provides the service?
Description of staff qualifications:
How is the service provided?
Vision resource teachers:
- provide direct instruction in the areas of the expanded core curriculum:
- visual efficiency skills
- adapted technology
- orientation and mobility
- social interactions kills
- independent living skills
- recreation and leisure skills
- contribute to Individualized Education Goals
- perform functional vision assessments
- consult with the School-Based Team regarding program requirements
- interpret opthamological reports
- make referrals to and collaborate with outside service providers
- request alternate format materials from the Provincial Resource Centre for the Visually Impaired (PRCVI) to support the student's curriculum (may include Braille, large-print materials, tapes, e-text, special kits, etc.)