Sexual Health Education Program provides instruction to students in grade 4 through 11 on a variety of topics related to the physical and social changes of puberty, healthy relationships, diversity, sexual decision making and personal safety.
HELPFUL RESOURCES LINK
1. To provide students in grades 4 through 11 with an opportunity to receive accurate, relevant, and updated information and resources about adolescent sexuality based on BC Ministry of Education Physical and Health Education curriculum.
2. For students to have an opportunity to gain the knowledge necessary to make informed choices about their sexual health and and have an opportunity to develop an awareness of the positive and negative outcomes that may arise as the result those choices.
3. To create a comfortable, safe, inclusive, and respectful coeducational classroom climate and enable discussion about a range of topics dealing with adolescent sexuality and relationships.
Central Okanagan Public School Sexual Health Education teachers present content to students in grades 4 through 11.
- Grade 4 students receive approximately 1.25 hours of instruction.
- Grade 5 students receive approximately 3 hours of instruction.
- Grade 6 students receive approximately 4 hours of instruction.
- Grade 7 students receive approximately 4-5 hours of instruction
- Grade 8 - students receive approximately 4-5 hours of instruction
- Grade 9 - students receive approximately 4-5 hours of instruction
- Grade 10 students receive approximately 2.5 hours of instruction each.
- Grade 11 students receive approximately 2.5 hours of instruction each.