- living on Okanagan Territory
- serving 180,000 citizens living in 4 municipalities - Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country, and the Regional District of Central Okanagan
- the 5th largest district in BC with approximately 24,000 students
- 46 schools - 32 elementary, 8 middle, 5 secondary, and 1 alternative school (operating on 4 campuses)
- 7 Board of Education Trustees
- a District with an increasing number of immigrant families residing in the Central Okanagan
- welcoming more English Language Learners (ELL) and international students, and proud that more Indigenous families are self-identifying
Together We Learn
To educate students in a safe, inclusive, equitable, and inspirational learning environment where each learner develops the attributes and competencies to flourish in a global community.
Our learners will develop foundational skills and core curricular competencies so that they can be empowered to follow their passions and strengths and thrive holistically as resilient and engaged global citizens.
- Honesty is the building block for relationships and the basis for trust. It is the absence of falsehood and the action of full disclosure. It is the ultimate test of moral strength. When honesty is present, integrity will also be apparent.
- Responsibility is being accountable for our actions and their consequences. When we demonstrate responsibility, we are doing our best to meet the expectations of ourselves and others.
- Respect is "to consider worthy of high regard". Being respectful is an attitude of honouring people and caring about their rights.
- Empathy is a feeling of concern, compassion and understanding of another's situation or feelings.
- Equity empowers each learner to thrive holistically.